Nestled among majestic oaks and pastoral fields on 69 acres, Country Oaks Bed & Breakfast consists of two turn of the century styled homes: a Victorian Farm House and an oak, timber-framed Carriage House. Guests enjoy a delicious, hot breakfast each day in our spacious dining room, located in the Farm House. Only a few hundred yards from the buildings, a 7 acre private lake was constructed on the property to enhance the beautiful setting and offer guests the unique opportunity to fish right on the property.
- Free Wi-Fi in both buildings
- Guest pantry in each building with refrigerator stocked with bottled water, soft drinks, ice, microwave oven, popcorn, fresh brewed coffee in the mornings before breakfast and a Kuerig coffeemaker for any other time, a hot water pot for making tea and hot chocolate
- Afternoon Snacks
- Two large parlors in each house
- Games and game tables in both houses
- Spacious dining room
- TV in one of the two parlors in each building
- Hair dryers, personal needs in each bathroom
- Mini library in Carriage House, lots of reading material in every room
- Innkeepers advise and assist in making reservations at music shows and restaurants, etc.
- Ample parking for extra cars, boats, and trailers
- Catch and release fishing (no license required)
- Bird and wildlife spotting
- 3 miles of hiking trails
- Horseshoe Court
- ‘Loaner’ lawn chairs to take to court square for listening to musicians
The Carriage House is a traditional oak timber framed building completed in 1993 specifically as a bed and breakfast. Deep porches wrap two sides of the house on the first floor. A second floor balcony, off the upstairs parlor, also has seating with a view of the private lake. The Carriage House offers three guest rooms: Grandma’s Room, The Bride’s Room and The Children’s Room and two parlors with the guest TV in the upstairs parlor.
The two and a half story Farm House was completed in 2000 and was styled after the large turn of the century farm houses. Porches almost completely surround the building and provide comfortable seating with views across the property. The Farm House offers five guest rooms: Oak Room, Garden Room, Grandpa’s Room, Kitty Room and Sewing Room. The guest TV is in the downstairs parlor and breakfast is served daily in the spacious dining room.