Amenities available to all our guests include the following:
- Delicious, hot breakfast served daily
- Free Wi-Fi in both buildings
- Guest pantry in each building with refrigerator stocked with bottled water, soft drinks, ice, microwave oven, popcorn, fresh brewed coffee in the mornings before breakfast and a Keurig coffeemaker for any other time, a hot water pot for making tea and hot chocolate
- Afternoon Snacks
- Two large parlors in each house
- Games and game tables in both houses
- Spacious dining room in Farm House
- TV in one of the two parlors in each building
- Hair dryers, personal needs in each bathroom
- Mini library in Carriage House, lots of reading material in every room
- Innkeepers advise and assist in making reservations at music shows and restaurants, etc.
- Ample parking for extra cars, boats, and trailers
- Catch and release fishing (no license required)
- Bird and wildlife spotting
- 3 miles of hiking trails
- Horseshoe Court
- ‘Loaner’ lawn chairs to take to court square for listening to musicians
Country Oaks offers guests a variety of activities without ever having to leave the property. We have a horseshoe court, 3 miles of mowed hiking trails, catch and releasing fishing on our private 7 acre lake. No fishing license required, and we have some poles and tackle although we recommend you bring your own. For those of you who are “birders”, guests have already identified over 50 varieties of birds. There are benches along the trails from which you can observe the spectacular scenery surrounding Country Oaks. If you’d rather just wile away the day in a comfortable chair and read, there are two parlors in each of the buildings, and both buildings have lots of porch space. Porches have ceiling fans for summer when the breeze has disappeared. Deer, geese, squirrel and other wildlife are often spotted on the property. Even a bear, mountain lion and bobcats have been spotted over the years.
Follow the link below to learn about more fun things to do in the area!